I’d like to thank Daily Blessings for nominating me for this award. I’ve yet to have an award on this blog and am delighted to have this one as my first. What a blessing! This award is granted to up-and-coming bloggers with fewer than 200 followers who deserve some recognition and support to keep on blogging. I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little better through this questionnaire.
The instructions are:
1) to answers the 11 questions written by your nominator.
2) to nominate 11 other bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
3) to write 11 of your own questions for each nominee to answer.
Here are the questions I’m answering:
1) When did you start your blog & why?
I started laughingpromises in January of 2012. I had been watching a lot of youtube pregnancy vlogs but realised that I wanted something a little more private to vent my feelings and emotions on about our journey toward ttc and pregnancy. I chose the title because of the Scripture that talks about Abraham and Sarah finding out they were going to have a child at an old age. I’m by no means old, but the fact that Sarah was given joy and delight in her old age and described it as “laughter.” You can read more about that here.
2) When was your “a-ha” moment on your fertility journey where you decided to get serious? This came about 2 years ago, long before we started ttc. I realised I had a problem with fertility when I had no period for months on end. After a long journey of trying to figure out what was out of balance, the Lord led me to see that it was an intolerance to gluten and soy. Btw, I was charting the whole time, too, so that I would know when things started to balance themselves again. So, even though we got pregnant on the first try, I had a long journey off the pill and trying different things before my body was hormonally balanced.
3) If you could start from the beginning, would you change anything during your TTC journey? If so, what?
I can’t say I would change a thing. I have no regrets about the timing or anything else.
4) Favorite coffee drink?
Coffee in Australia is different. The menu is confusing. Nevertheless, they still have lattes, so my favorite is probably a vanilla latte (or caramel). I also love flat whites with some sort of flavored syrup (hazelnut is nice).
5) Pets? Tell me about them.
I have two guinea pigs: Guster and Spence. We named them based off of the show Psych, and they are quirky little guys. Guster loves to eat and will come out into the main part of their cage whenever I’m around because he knows he’ll be getting food out of it. Spence used to be chill and relaxed, but when I was in America, he got out of the cage and my husband had to chase him around the yard to try and catch him again. He’s never been the same since. Incredibly skittish, but he’s still really cute.
6) What’s one thing that not a lot of people, if any, in the real world know about you? (Don’t worry, cyberspace is safe)
Hmmm…this is a tough one! Ok, this might be a little silly, but it’s what I can think of atm. If I had all the money in the world, I would still buy a practical car. I am not into cars much. Don’t get me wrong, I would want a nice car, but not any more expensive than the average person drives.
7) What is one piece of wisdom you can give to someone who is in your current situation? Whether that is as a mom, a wife, a TTCer, etc?
One piece of wisdom I can give to other wives is to never ever talk badly about your husband to anyone. This is a habit I’ve seen many friends get into, especially talking with their moms or best friends, and it ends up being detrimental to the relationship in a lot of ways. Yes, we need to vent sometimes, but be careful who you vent to. Husbands need respect whether they’re sitting there with you or not. My mom told me this and I have found it invaluable in my relationship with my husband. I not only find that I talk to him about my problem first, which then resolves the issue because we talk it out rather than hold grudges, but those around me have respect for him because of the respect that I have for them. Don’t be fooled, ladies…our role is very powerful.
8) Celebrity Crush??
Haha this might be one thing most people don’t know about me. I have two that top my list: Jude Law and Hugh Jackman.
9) One thing you love & hate about winter?
I love the cosy nights inside with a comfort food. I hate how long it can last. I’m grateful to live somewhere that at least has mostly sunny winters (much like FL, actually). I am depressed with out the sunshine.
10) Favorite holiday/s & why?
I know it’s cliche, but I love Christmas. I love the festivities and the decorations and the music and the smell of new wrapping paper. It’s so fun. I also love my birthday, but that is a purely selfish thing.
11) Will you follow and support these other fine bloggers listed?
Absolutely! I am happy to follow them and hope they follow me, too!
And the nominations are:
- Searching for Middle Ground
- Jenn at Future Fords
- Not-So-Fertile Girl
- Lovely Transitions
- Travelnole at Natural Birth
- Michelle at Oats n Bows
- J. at Dreams of Midnight Feedings
- Kelly at Life is Good Today
- How We Are Learning to be Parents
- Belle at Scrambled Eggs
And here are your questions, Bloggers!
- If you could move anywhere in the world, where would you go, and why?
- Your husband is gone and you have the whole house to yourself. What do you do?
- Hair: Short or long?
- Daily Hair: Up or down?
- What kind of music do you most listen to?
- If you had all the money in the world, would you buy a new house or a historic house to remodel?
- Beach or mountains?
- Pedicure or manicure?
- You have $5 in your wallet. What would you typically spend it on?
- Guilty pleasure?
- What’s the best thing about where you live?
I hope you enjoy! Please follow the other bloggers, too. I know they’d appreciate the followers and support. Thanks!