…And still pregnant.
I really thought I was in labor the other night. I had contractions that were 10 minutes apart, then 7, then 5, etc…and I was so excited. Finally, I thought…I will get to meet my son. Not only this, but it was my due date. I had several hours of contractions before calling my midwife and deciding to go ahead to her house (where I’m having the baby). I woke my husband up and we took time to pack the car and make our way over. Well, when we left the house, the contractions started to get irregular. No worries, I thought, they will pick back up when I get settled at her house. I knew contractions can be disrupted by moving places. So, we arrived at her house, and after about an hour, I started to get some contractions again…however, they were no stronger and no closer together. No progress. I was frustrated and embarrassed, and so so disappointed. Needless to say, that day was incredibly difficult. And each morning that I wake up with no contractions, I am sad and disappointed all over again.
I have never been more thankful for the fact that we can put all our trust in Jesus. I have never sought His peace more. I think this is the hardest waiting game I’ve ever had to endure, and it’s truly testing my resilience. He is faithful, though. Hymns and the Word are like the most healing of balms to my soul each morning. I feel sad and have a bit of a cry and then seek Him through these things…and my soul is soothed.
In the meantime, here are the things I’ve been doing to move things along, just in case one of them actually works:
- Evening primrose oil: Using as a suppository since 39 weeks (2 capsules).
- Dates. Been eating 6 a day for a month.
- Walking. 20 minutes a day, briskly.
- Bouncing on birth ball. I still wonder if this actually does anything, but it can’t hurt, right?
- Stretch and sweep (membrane sweep). I finally gave into this on my due date. I felt so discouraged, I thought it wouldn’t hurt to give it a go. Since then, I have had a lot of cramping and feelings of change. I was already starting to lose some of my plug/show, but this kicked it into high gear. I’m hoping to see more results soon (it’s been a bit over 24 hours since getting it), but trying not to expect it, either.
Anyway, I hope you all are doing great. Thanks for your prayers and for reading. 🙂