I can’t believe it’s been over 5 weeks since I had an inkling to write. A lot has happened since then, and I needed a break. Emotional things, both good and bad, had to be processed. The good news is, I’m feeling so good and blessed. For now, I’m going to update you on a few things that have happened or changed since 5 weeks ago, and I’ll look forward to posting more regularly from here on out. I’ll also update all my belly photos, so have a look if you get a chance!
- We had our 20 week scan and got to see our sweet baby. We found out we’re having a BOY! So excited! He was on his tummy for most of the ultrasound, so we didn’t get any good profile pictures or anything, but seeing him move around on the screen was nice.
- My birthday was a few weeks ago, and my husband made it very special. He is awesome.
- We had a birth class with a midwife that goes to my church. She drove out to our house and did it with the two of us. It was awesome. We both learned so much and were able to communicate about some things we hadn’t talked about yet. I think it was especially eye opening for hubby, because he didn’t know much about the labour process. So good.
- After said class, we decided to switch to this midwife. She is nurturing, caring, and gives us thorough information with out pushing us toward one direction or another. Plus, with her, I have the option of a home birth (something I wanted from the start) which is not an option the other midwife clinic would allow for me. I am so relieved and at peace and elated with our decision to switch.
- My due date changed, and I’m happy about it. This just means I’m one week behind where they had dated me before, but it’s when I thought (intuitively) the due date should be since my cycles are not 28 days ever.
Those are all the highlights. Thanks for reading, and check back for more posts. My creativity seems to be returning, so I have a lot of ideas for future posts. Cheers.