Have you ever gotten sick from something you’ve eaten? I would venture to guess that most of you have. Did you ever want to eat that thing again? Well, if your answer is “no” then you’ve pretty much got what morning sickness is like. The thought of some foods make you want to hurl just thinking about them. And, I’m finding, each day is different. One day, I’ll eat something that sounds okay and the next day or a few hours later, the thought of eating that food makes me want to hurl.
Here’s what’s helped me so far:
- Candied ginger. A little after a meal or before you can get to some food seems to settle things a bit.
- Eating every 2 hours on the dot. Even if I don’t feel like it.
- If you think you might hurl from eating something DON’T EAT IT (even if you’re trying to be polite to someone). Chances are, you will hurl if you eat it.
- Powerade has seemed to help when I can’t stomach the taste of water anymore (although I do try to limit this because of the sugar/sodium).
- Carbs, carbs, carbs. Bland carbs.
- Watching movies/t.v. has distracted me, at times, from how terrible I feel. However, don’t let this distract you from using the toilet or eating when you need to.