I am a big fan of chiropractors. I will make this post fairly short, because my head and body are aching. I am due for an adjustment at the chiropractor (probably long overdue by the feel of it), so I’m left not feeling well. I won’t be able to go in until next Tuesday, so I hope y’all will bear with me until I can get some relief.
DAY 18: What is your favorite infertility-related quote? It doesn’t have to be explicitly related to infertility, but one that means something to your personal journey.
I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted me what I asked of him. (1 Samuel 1:27 NIV)
DAY 19: List 5 pet peeves.
1. When I’m in a group, such as choir, where one person is supposed to be the director an one or two others decide they’re in charge. Annoying. Step off.
2. When people complain about things that are completely in their control to change. I don’t mean having a much needed emotional breakdown every once in awhile, but the constant complaining about something and never doing anything about it.
3. Being judged for my nationality. Yes, I’m American, and no I’m not loud and obnoxious.
4. Being asked rude questions.
5. When another woman makes a “stupid man” joke and tries to act like I’m in on it. For example, the other day, my husband and I were at a glasses shop. He had just had his eye exam and wanted to try on some glasses for his new prescription. Well, the pushy sales lady (another pet peeve) came up and was trying to pick frames for him. She noticed that he would ask my opinion after trying on every pair (that’s just what he does), because then she started saying, “Here, try these on,” and then, “Do as you’re told,” while immediately after looking at me and laughing. I didn’t not laugh. I smiled politely, I think, but I did not laugh. I hope that all made sense. I just really hate those “stupid men can’t do anything right” jokes or attitudes, and I hate being roped into them in those kinds of situations.
Okay, I’d better go to bed. I hope you all have a lovely rest of your day.