Here are the first 11 days of the 30 day challenge!
DAY 1 – What is the meaning behind your blog name?
Read the start of my blog here.
DAY 2 – How did you and your partner decide when you were ready to start trying to conceive?
I have felt ready to try for kids for about a year. At one stage, my husband and I had a serious talk about it to see if we were on the same page. Since my trip to America was coming up and we weren’t comfortable taking the chance for flying, we decided to start trying when I got back. That time is now, although I’m patiently waiting for af to be done.
DAY 3: What is in your handbag?
the usual wallet stuff, elf lipstick in nude, a pill box for my prenatals…I think that’s it. Nothing too exciting.
DAY 4 – Besides Mother’s Day, what is the toughest holiday for you as an infertile?
I haven’t had any of those moments yet. I’ll keep you posted on that, though.
DAY 5: List 15 facts about yourself.
1. I use vaseline as a make up remover (tip from Tyra Banks).
2. I drink a good 5-8 cups of tea a day. Obsessed a little.
3. I hate having long nails. Comes from years of playing piano, I suppose.
4. I love the change in season. I think Autumn is my favorite, which is the current season in Australia.
5. I never wear heels. They hurt! Flats for me, please.
6. I cross stitch like a grandma.
7. I love “power naps.” 10-20 minutes and I feel like a new woman.
8. I don’t have a favorite color.
9. I use laundry day as an excuse to watch t.v. while I fold.
10. I am a journaler. I’ve journaled from the age of 8 until now. It helps me to process and get it all out, whatever “it” is at the time.
11. I worked at a plastic surgeon’s office in high school. I still love trying to figure out who has had surgery when I’m watching t.v.
12. I went to 8 different schools from k-12.
13. I’m a city girl, but I live in one of the most country towns you’d ever see. Somehow, I love it, though.
14. I am not a morning person.
15. I went barefoot on my wedding day.
DAY 6: Talk about how you chose your RE (Reproductive Endocrinologist).
I haven’t chosen an RE yet. Any advice you girls want to give me?
DAY 7: What is in your makeup bag?
Amethyst eyeliner, teal eyeliner, liquid black eyeliner, regular black eyeliner, mascara, a mermaid green type eyeshadow pallet, purple eyeshadow duo, body shop glitter cubes, smokey eye pallet, body shop lipliner in nude, tinted moisturizer, blush, powder…I think that’s it. I have brushes, too, but they all need to be washed, so they aren’t currently in my makeup bag.
DAY 8: If an observant stranger were to walk into your house, what clues could lead them to believe that you have struggled with infertility (fertility)?
prenatals, evening primrose oil, Taking charge of your fertility, making babies (book), lingerie, and soon they will find preseed and a pack of 10 pregnancy tests.
DAY 9: If you won the lottery what would you blow your money on (after charity and bills, of course)? List 10 things you would buy or spend money on.
1. A retirement fund
2. A college fund for my future children.
3. A savings account for all the trips to America I would ever want to take.
4. A house.
5. A baby grand piano.
6. Clothes, of course.
7. I would want to buy my mom something really special and significant. I don’t know what, but I would figure it out.
8. I would pay for someone to grow me an organic garden.
9. A vacation home by the beach or in the mountains.
10. All the soy free chocolate my heart desired.
DAY 10: If you are not yet pregnant/a parent: What are you MOST and LEAST looking forward to after that first beta?
I am most looking forward to holding my baby that is the perfect compilation of me and my husband.
I am least looking forward to the lack of sleep that I’ll get after baby arrives.
DAY 11: Where do you like to shop?
In Australia: Myer, Dusk, Healthy Life, Loot.
In America: Gap, Anthropologie (if I can find a good sale), Ross, Target Kirklands.
Hope you enjoyed!